Dating and Drinking

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Bowery.

You know a bar is good, if a bit annoying, when the bartender won't make you a mint julep because they don't have a tin cup.

Such is the case at The Bowery.

That's right. No tin cup, no mint julep.

I would rather have no mint julep than a bad one, so I guess that it's okay even though I really really really wanted a mint julep, which, as I had pointed out to me by the friend I was drinking with, is a limeless mojito made with bourbon. How clever! Wait, and without club soda too. I am going to use that the next time I want one. Except then I will be annoying and ask for a tin cup.

Cocktail nerds.

In any case, the waiter was very nice and well-informed (and easy on the eyes), and the dirty martinis and Manhattans we had instead were quite good.

And apparently, I can still get drunk - the trick is to not eat dinner beforehand.
Gloria 2:13 PM

2 Comments:

Dinner gets in the way and just takes up valuable stomach space that could be filled with cocktails.
The food issue can work three ways...

1. You're kind of a cheapo & just want to order a couple drinks, get tipsy/tanked & call it a night.

2. If you just lost your job, broke up with your sexual-other & look @ your calendar only to realize that rent is due in a couple days, then I guess food is out of the question, as well. A simple bottle of Jack (no glass or companionship necessary) will more than suffice.

3. BUT, if things are going well & you're out to party it up w/ friends, then a decent meal before diving into glasses of your favorite alcoholic beverages is absolutely necessary. I mean, I'd rather enjoy a good variety of drinks than just roll in w/ an empty stomach a go straight into planet tipsy/drunk after a couple drinks. Now, where's the fun in that?!

Then again, this is gloria, so...

Add a comment

Blogger Contrat Creative Commons